Black Friday


The day after Thanksgiving is known as Black Friday. It is usually the start of holiday shopping season, almost all stores come out with important sales. People stand in line hours before the stores are opened, to grab the bargains of the year. I'm sure you've already seen videos of people running in the store and arguing to get a product. 

The communication campaign around this great day of consumption is as impressive as it is questioning. Can we continue to promote mass consumption in the current ecological context? 


In France, we have "French days" in October, then Black Friday and Cyber Monday. As a consumer, we can be easily lost with these countless sales. Also, there is a day of protest against Black Friday and consumerism which is called "Buy Nothing Day". The rules are simple, people have to spend a day without spending.

Personally, I really enjoy spending money on clothes during Black Friday but this year I've realized   this huge impact of mass consumption on earth. I'll think twice before buying something and I'll ask to myself do I really need this pair of jeans or this jacket?

What's your thoughts about Black Friday and mass-consumption? 



Comments

  1. Great topic since I don't like mass shopping. Don't like all the hype and I always think about whether it's a need or a want! Well said, dear!

    Happy Cyber Monday, babe!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great time to pick up something you need x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thought! We always like to support the small businesses on Small Shopping Saturday instead.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks my friend :)

    I think people should be more consciousness about shopping. all the black friday can be a help in saving money, but there are always many investments.

    NEW OUTFIT POST | BACK TO BLACK!
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually didn't bought anything this recent Black Friday :) because earlier this year I made a vow that I will only buy what I really need. And if I want something, it should be something worthwhile. And I'm from the Philippines, it's really hard to do since we have so many Holidays that businesses exploits for profit. We don't have thanksgiving but we also have Black Friday and even the Cyber Monday sale. And then there's also single's day which is 11.11 sale and the upcoming 12.12 sale

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a very good point! I only bought myself a pair of boots I actually needed. Have a lovely day. xx

    Andreea,
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yessss for black friday sale.
    I love it

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!

    xoxo ♥

    Jéssica || Fashion Jacket
    www.fashionjacket.com.br

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment